Code of Conduct
The following codes of conduct are provided as a guide for players, parents and spectators.
Any breaches of the code of conduct will be referred to the Football Committee for arbitration and disciplinary action. Serious infringements will result in match bans and/or potential suspension or expulsion from the Club.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager talk to the official during a break or after the game.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, and so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are on your team, or the other team.
- Treat all players, as you would like to be treated.
- Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player.
- Co-operate with your Coach, Team Manager, and officials by behaving in an acceptable manner.
- Obey reasonable instructions and requests made by your Coach and the Club.
- Play for the fun of playing, and not just to please your parents or coaches.
- Respect your Coach, team mates and opponents.
- Attend training and games with proper attire and footwear, including protective gear.
- Attend training and games on time or notify the Team Manager if unable to make it on time.
- Respect the facilities and equipment that are being used.
PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Remember that children play sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage players to always participate in accordance with the rules.
- Never ridicule or scold a player for making a mistake or losing a game. Positive comments are motivational.
- Applaud good play by all teams. Congratulate all participants upon their performance regardless of the games outcome.
- Respect our team’s opponents – without them there would be no game.
- Respect official’s decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Do not use foul language or harass any players, coaches or officials.
- Remember that you are not permitted to enter the field of play during the game.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect the facilities that are being used.
- Behave in a manner acceptable to the Club. Treat the coaches and officials with respect in regards to their decision making and not interfere with training or match day games. Foul language or violence will not be tolerated by the Club and will incur serious consequences/penalties.
- Ring the Coach or Team manager if your child is unable to attend training or match day.
- If you have any concerns or complaints, submit them to the Team Manager or to the Junior Football Committee.